Vilene D0102 - 8x8- 125 pieces
Vilene™ D0102 by Freudenburg is a non woven dissolvable stabilizer.
Vilene™ has the look, feel, and the strength of a cut away but washes away in seconds when submerged in warm water. Vilene™ is essential and ideal for applique, heirloom sewing, sweaters, towels, T-shirts, sweat shirts, and napkins. Often one layer of Vilene™ is all that is required for most jobs. Vilene™ is stable enough to hold high stitch count designs without falling apart. You may wish to consider two layers when embroidering dense lace.
Vilene™ D0102 is sometimes referred to as "Wet N Gone" or "Aqua Magic".
Vilene™ Usage and Tip Information
- For stiffer projects, you can rinse the Vilene™ for just a couple of minutes, pat out excess water, and shape your lace or fabric.
- Lay Vilene™ WSS and fabric over the outer hoop, place fabric in correct position and hoop the project.
- Make sure that your hoop is set so that the stabilizer and fabric fit snugly before hooping.
- Cut enough stabilizer to cover the hoop and hang about an inch over the edge.
- Unhoop your fabric and cut away any excess Vilene™ water soluble stabilizer.
- If necessary give the Vilene™ a few tugs in order to remove any wrinkles.
- Thoroughly wash out Vilene™ with warm water.
- Embroider your design.